Saturday 11 February 2017

Nail Crazies Unite - Anti-Valentines

Well, this was a tricky one - I wasn't entirely sure what Anti -Valentines was all about but I decided I'd go with a standard Valentines mani and switch the colours. Traditionally red and white would be the most typical colours so I went for opposites, with green and black.
I started with a base of 'Ard As Nails Missy, a gorgeous khaki green creme. As usual with these polishes it applied beautifully, and if you spot any blemishes it's where I still haven't mastered the art of applying a gel base properly!
I went for quite a simple design, having decided to do black on darkish green. Anything more complex would have been lost. As it is, the end result is quite subtle but that's OK, I really wasn't in the mood for bright and colourful - understated is fine!
I used A England King Cophetua, a delicate black holo, described on the website as a blackened green and I think it went beautifully with the khaki base.
Although I do have some newer plates, I chose a plate I have had for a while but really not used enough, Apipila Super Plate B as I thought this pretty heart image was solid enough to stamp in holo black over green.
I was really pleased with how these turned out.
'Ard As Nails Missy
'Ard As Nails Missy
A England King Cophetua and Apipila Super Plate B
A England King Cophetua and Apipila Super Plate B
 A England King Cophetua and Apipila Super Plate B
 A England King Cophetua and Apipila Super Plate B





4 comments:

  1. Subtle and lovely, and a unique take on the anti valentines theme. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These two polishes were made for each other...perfect non-traditional Valentine. Love the choice.

    ReplyDelete